Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Circus Music Mornings

Sometimes mornings around here are peaceful.  Usually, we just eat our cheerios (and bottles) and get ready for the bus to come.  We even get to chat a little bit, and some of my best times with the kids are when everybody is happy and nothing has yet caused the day to turn stressful.  Today was not that morning.  This morning should have had theme music...circus theme music, specifically.

Addie woke up this morning feeling like she was sick.  Specifically, she felt, "sickish."  Her choice of words could mean one of two things.  First, it could be that she wasn't TRULY sick.  She was just a little tired but didn't prefer to bother with school today.  Second, she could be adopting the language of Junie B. Jones, the most irritating protagonist in the history of children's literature.  It wouldn't be the first time that she's incorporated JBJ's language into her own.  Whichever it was, I told her that a sick day today meant being in her bed with books, not TV.  Addie insisted that she have a throw-up bowl in her bed with her, and (honestly) she did look a little...well, sickish.  Off she went to her room.  Once she was all set up with a water bottle, piece of dry bread, the requested bowl, and a stack of books a foot thick in her bed, I set about my day.

Let's fast forward a little bit, shall we? Say...45 minutes later?  Teddy, having woken up earlier than I would have preferred, is now ready for his nap and is getting fussy. I still haven't had breakfast because of taking care of a sick kiddo and a little kiddo.  We're also expecting a visit from a dry-waller to help us finish our bathroom, and he's running a little late.  Then what to my wandering eyes does appear?  Addie has made a seemingly miraculous recovery!  She insists that she's feeling better but NOT better enough for school....at least not yet.  Riiiiiight.  5 minutes later (and I'm not exaggerating), we're on the way out the door.  So, Addie's teeth may or may not have been brushed.  None of that matters anyway, right?  We're off!  At just that moment, the drywaller guy appears, apologizing that he's late.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Gotta go to school.  BRB!  So, I let the guy in, quickly showed him the project, and ran out the door.

Because I'd already called Addie into school, I now had to walk her in to show them that she's actually present and accounted for.  Addie wanted me to walk her to her class because she might die of embarrassment arriving late like she was.  Nothing doing, kid.  This is one to just suck up.  Good news, though!  She arrived before she was even late.  Rejoice!

We then arrived home to find that the drywaller guy has gone out to his truck (without his coat, I think) and has locked himself out of our house.  Ah, well.

I'm happy to report that right now (9:45am), I'm finishing a bowl of cheerios.  Teddy's napping (finally) despite the pounding drywall sounds, and I'm finally ready to figure out what to do with my day.  Ya da da da da da da da da da!  (If you go with me here and sing it instead of read it, it makes more sense.)

Ok...here's a totally unnecessary but kindof fun couple of pictures which have nothing to do with this post.  Enjoy!

Getting cuter each month!

Addie reading poetry at her school's Reading Night

Love this.

Happy Valentine's Day!  These are the lips we made for suckers.  The boys got suckers with mustaches.

HI!


2 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment at your house! I love the pics, especially the 5 mos one of Teddy and Addie reading at school. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete