Thursday, March 21, 2013

Haircuts

Both of our kids have been rather hairy lately.  See what I mean?
waist long hair

Hi!  You're funny!


Addie had about a mile of Rapunzel hair, and Teddy was born with craziness going on on his head.  It took about 5 years for Addie to come to the point where she had just one too many long/painful hair brushing/drying episodes.  She was ready to abandon "Rapunzel" as her hair ideal.  Her new hair inspiration is her friend, Rachel.  See the photo below for reference.  The two of them are just sweet BFFs (in their words.)  In order to make it a bit more palatable to give up her locks, we took her to the salon where I get my hair cut, a "real hair salon," (in her words.)  She's a pretty girly-girl when she wants to be, and she loved the whole experience.  Whose kid is she, anyway?  Seriously, I'm so glad that she loved it.  Also, she decided to donate her hair (about a foot of it!) to Locks of Love so they can make wigs for kiddos with cancer.  Sweet girl.

BFFs

Teddy has two different people's hair on his one head.  The front/top is smooth and fine, and the back is super curly and coarse.  I cut the back on a whim weeks ago because I was so frustrated with him waking up with a dreadlock forming after every sleep.  The top, though, has recently begun to droop into his eyes.  It is time for a trim!  I am a quite accomplished barber, if you didn't know.  I didn't know it either, but I learned how to approach the kiddo's noggin approximately 3 minutes prior to picking up the scissors by looking at the first website that Google returned to me when I searched, "cutting boy hair."  Like I said, accomplished.  Totally a professional.  What?

Here are the results of both cuts (and one sweet in-process shot of Addie).  I was snipping as quickly as I safely could with Teddy so as not to accidentally snip his sweet little hands (which were really wanting to touch the scissors), so there was not a way to get an in-process picture.

This is a big step!
Cutie Patootie. Also notice the outfit that she put together for this occasion, if you please.

Oooh...so handsome!



Ta-da!  We are groomed! :)

1 comment: